Welcome to The Pinnacle Charter School's Online Library!
Our library visits are designed not only to help students enjoy their reading, but also to help them learn to select books they will enjoy.
Our students visit the library for checkouts and to learn about library organization. Students also learn how to use our online card catalog, access computers for research and preparation of their class assignments, as well as to have a quiet, peaceful atmosphere in which they can read, relax, or complete make-up tests!
CCBA 2016 STATE WINNERS
Colorado Children's Book Awards 2016
our State winners were:
- The Book With No Pictures ..... Picture Book Winner
- Sam & Dave Dig a Hole...Runner-Up
- Sisters....Junior Book Winner
- My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish...Runner-Up
****Over 500 students voted.
Over 2000 readings of our nominated books.
Our votes were tabulated and sent to be counted with all other participating students in the State of Colorado at the end of February.
We had the same first place winning titles but our runners-up titles were different.
The CCBA program allows children all over the State of Colorado
to vote for their favorite book from a list of
Primary or Junior level
nominated books. Once again...a HUGE
THANK YOU goes to the
James C. Hill Real Estate Company
Thornton, for their continued support!
Their generosity is once again making our
2016 CCBA reading promotion possible.
The books below were nominated for the 2016 CCBA. They make good reading choices.
See how many of the nominated books your child can read.
2016 Nominees: Picture Books
Dog days of school by DiPucchio, Kelly
A pet for Fly Guy by Arnold, Tedd
Take away the A by Escoffier, Michael
Sam & Dave dig a hole by Barnett, Mac
Nugget & Fang by Sauer, Tammi
Sparky! by Offill, Jenny
This house needs a mouse by Nunnally, C. Jeffre
2016 Nominees: Junior Books
*****Sisters by Telgemeier, Raina*****
I funny by Patterson, James
Fish in a tree by Hunt, Lynda Mullaly
Loot : how to steal a fortune by Watson, Jude
The fourteenth goldfish by Holm, Jennifer L
A snicker of magic by Lloyd, Natalie
My big fat zombie goldfish by O'Hara, Mo
New beginnings by Schwab, Victoria
Ever After High: The storybook of legends by Hale, Shannon
The night gardener by Auxier, Jonathan
PCS Library eBook Collection
The PCS Library eBook collection is available!
More new books were added in March. There are Spanish language selections, too!
Read Online from ANYWHERE!
Explore our new eBooks and read at home or school.
We will be learning, during class visits, the method to use to download the books but for now... read on!
Click on the FollettShelf eBook link in the resources section.
Enter the address into your "URL" field... and use the following username and password:
URL Address: https://wbb07838.follettshelf.com
Kindergarten Library News
We learn about:
- How the library books are organized and have their own home.
- How we can put books back in their special places
We still need to remember about:
- Keeping books out of reach of younger children and puppies
- Keeping our books away from food and drink and leaking bottles in our back packs.
- Borrowing books means we return them on time so others can enjoy them.
We know that accidents happen, but we DO charge for damaged books.
EBSCO Database Resources
The PCS L:ibrary has access to the EBSCO Database Resources.
Our PCS library applied and received a State Library Grant for the purpose of acquiring resources for the library. We selected a resource that nearly all grades, from K-12, would be able to use. The EBSCO Database subscription allows research from safe, recognized sources. Use of these resources will give our students an opportunity to develop critical thinking skills and research skills that will help them in high school as well as college classes.
Click on the EBSCO Database link in the resource section.
About the Librarian
Media Center Information
- Library Media Center: Room 611
- Library Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Anythink Libraries offer online access to resources for reading, listening, and researching. Magazines, ebooks, and audio books are available for download. Help is available at each Anything location. You will need your library card and pin number.
- Username: Pinnaclecharter
- Password: Pinnaclecharter
- Research science topics, animals, authors, even small engine repair!
- Link to the Library of Congress site.
- Username: Stainton
- Password: 80260
- The Denver Post offers its resources to students through the Newspapers in Education (NIE) service. It is a free-access resource for students around our state. Current editions, archived editions, student activities and other resources are available at home or on the go. On the "Home" row, select "e-Edition" and then select "Denver Post" on the drop-down menu.
- Our library card catalog is available at school. Our collection of ebooks on the FollettShelf can be reached through this link.
- Username: PCS2015
- Password: born2read!
- This link will take you to the PCS Library ebook collection. You may read from this anywhere you have Internet access. Books will not be checked out through this link but they are available to read. Many books have the infinity symbol and allow for multiple readers at one time. Enjoy!
- Westminster Public Libraries offer online access to books, audio, and research data bases for all ages. You can search for and reserve materials online. You will need your library card number and pin number to access the site.